Gel Plate Printing – Monotype Printing Using a Gel Plate – Take Two/ April 28
Gel Plate Printing April 28, 9AM-4PM
Endless creative fun using a gel plate to create monotype prints on a variety of materials, including fabric sheets, textured paper, leaves and feathers. Create layers of color and design using the gel plate and acrylic paints. Create unique and colorful backgrounds for art journals, collage, cards, art quilts and other mixed media projects. BEGINNERS WELCOME!
During this workshop, students will:
- Learn the difference between a monotype and a monoprint
- Learn how to choose color palettes that you will love on your gel prints
- Use the gel plate to create many mono-types on a variety of surfaces
- Learn how to layer
- Use stencils and masks to create unique designs
- Use various tools to create texture and patterns
- Create ghost prints
After creating many monoprints we will create a multi-media piece using the gel prints and any other collage elements to embellish.
April 28, 2019, Sunday 9am – 4pm (one hour lunch break)
Cost: $65-Members, $75-Non-Members, Supply Fee $5 Includes deli papers, Canson XL paper to create your multimedia piece (you can bring any other backing to create your piece if you don’t wish to use the Canson XL Paper), adhesives, plastic tablecloths
**Location: Dunbar Center, VTAT (Visual and Textiles Arts of Tucson), 325 W 2nd St, Tucson, AZ 85705
To register for this class, click the following link: PAPERWORKS REGISTRATION