The Visual and Textile Arts of Tucson (VTAT) is a collective of artists, educators, and arts organizations that have come together to create a collective space where groups and individuals can learn about, practice and share their interest in textile and visual arts. We are located at the DUNBAR CENTER, Room 206, at 325 West 2nd Street in Tucson.
To have a space—open to the public—that will house a library and a venue for exhibitions, sales, workshops, meetings and collaborations of artists of many different mediums. We hope to have presentations of work by local, national and international artists and educators will attract enthusiasts from around the globe to experience the inspirations of the Sonoran Desert.
This center will prove to be an important component to the quality of life for the City of Tucson and Pima County, enhancing our region’s vibrant creative sector and elevating the understanding of the arts as part of what makes life meaningful in southern Arizona.
Be Part of the Dream
The goal of the VTAT, a permanent home for the arts in Tucson, will provide local artists, guilds, educators and arts organizations with:
- A place to meet, collaborate and create.
- Space for Classes and Workshops.
- A Gallery, Library and Boutique to view and purchase Fine Arts and Crafts, and to share a common Love of Textile and Visual Arts.
- Exposure to a variety of different artistic mediums and resources, training and collaborative opportunities.
- A common center for artists to explore, celebrate and express all that is unique and meaningful to southern Arizona.
How to Help
Your support and donations will help this Dream become a Reality.
Whether you’re a solo artist, guild, educator or arts organization, you can help the VTAT establish a permanent home for the arts in Tucson. Visit How to Help to donate, volunteer, receive news or discover other opportunities to get involved in this incredible project.